Government House

It is located on San Martín and 25 de Mayo (May 25th) street intersection, in a corner in front of the main square. This is the highest hierarchy building. It was built between 1908 and 1910. It was the governor Luis F. Nougués who asked it. It was opened on July 9th in 1912. Later, it was declared National Historical Monument. The Government House was built in order to replace the old town council due to the new and growing sugar industry. Even though it would make the province the most important in the north of Argentina, it lacked of important buildings.

The architectural style combines the French Baroque and the Italian Classicism due to the necessity to stand out as a public building. Thousands of national and international visitors have walked in the majestic white room, another excuse for tourists to visit this interesting building. Remains of the distinguished Juan Bautista Alberdi lay in the entrance hall, under a bronze chandelier.

When the sun goes down, the lights on its facades turn on. This reflects a perfect picture of the centre of the Tucumán.

Address: 25 de Mayo 90- San Miguel de Tucumán.

Telephone: +54-9-381-4844000